Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas '11

I can't find my pictures of Christmas day, so I encourage all of you to look at my Mom's blog for pictures her address is mabcmadsen.blogspot.com I apologize for that but I will still write all about my Christmas this year.

I think this Christmas has been my favorite one so far in my life. It started out with too many neighbor gifts (all of which were edible and delicious), lots of dancing and laughs with family at parties, tons of friends, but the highlights were in service. I already told everyone about the bears for the kids in Primary Children's, I received a very heartfelt letter filled with gratitude for the bears, and how much the kids' loved them. With Christmas being on Sunday this year I was grateful for 9 o' clock church. We woke up at 7:30 ate a huge breakfast (our southern elf made) and went to church. Gifts stayed wrapped and under the tree til 10:30. Christ was the center of our Christmas this year. I think that's where the difference was, He came first one Christmas morning not Santa...

I was blessed with beautiful gifts. Here is the list: Beastly (movie), boots, skirt, hat, watches, earphones, gift cards, new tires on my car, bleach trays, a free facial, hoodie, charms and charm bracelet, scrapbook, puzzle, book, and a guitar. I have been wanting to learn the guitar for some time now, and I am really excited to learn. =) Any tips on how to keep the finger tips from hurting please let me know haha.

Christmas was wonderful, I hope yours was to. I just wish the spirit in the world around Christmas time could say all year round. The world is such a happier place when Christ is the focus. May we all remember Him not in December but every moment of our lives.