Saturday, September 10, 2011

KIDNEY KAMP!

Every year for Kidney Kamp we go up to Aspen Grove. It's absolutely gorgeous! But not only do we have fun, eating, laughing, and doing crafts, but it changes my heart every single year. Here are just a few fun pictures to start.

We made masks, and pumpkins for our craft on Saturday morning. It was so much fun!
 I can now check it off my bucket list everyone! I sat in the drivers seat of a semi, and we got to honk the horn!!! Totally loud! Goodness. Look at us all =)
Caitlyn, Katelyn2, Everett, Mindy, and Me. =)
I want to introduce you to 3 of the most inspiring individuals, my heroes, Camille, Macy and Jared.
This is Camille. She is 3 years old. She is on oxygen because of her life story. She was born at 23 weeks. Weighing a few ounces more than a pound. She needed a kidney transplant at the age of 2. She received a kidney, too big for her body. Since she hasn't grown into it yet it pushes too hard on her lungs, making it hard to breathe. At the age of 3 she is happy, full of life, and she inspires me! Camille you are incredible!
This darling girl is Macy. She is 7 years old. She is smaller than the average 4 year old in height and weight. she has one arm, and is full of life! She is darling. She loves to color, and she loves the color pink. She has a huge vocabulary and isn't afraid to talk to you. She loves people, and will warm up to you very quickly. She can do so many things despite her "challenge". She is capable of anything and everything! Macy you are amazing!
This is Jared. Isn't he precious?! This tender spirit has a heart full of love. He enjoys cars, loves making noises, and look at that creative and cute pumpkin he made. He will talk to you and tell you story after story. He is so fun! I cherish his "special" spirit. His down syndrome makes him that much more lovable. Jared, you encourage me to be happier.
This beautiful children come from such loving homes, and caring families. I am so grateful for the light they showed me, and the gratitude I have for my healthy body. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father for small angels like these to give us hope.